Junior Member

Default Filling Empty Fields

Hi all, I'm working with 2 columns of data. One column contains urls. The next column contains multiple attributes associated with a url. There is a one to many relationship between these columns (see attached). I need to fill the empty cells in the URL column with the URL above. I've done it before - I just can't remember how I did it. I seem to remember using ctrl-enter?? The examples I've attached show what I have and what I need it to look like. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Didn't look at your samples, but based on your explanation...

Befo
Select al cells to receive the same contents
Start typing
When done use 'Ctrl+Enter'

After:
Ctrl-select the cells to populate
Ctrl-select the cell containing the desired contents
F2 to enter EditMode
Ctrl+Enter to populate selected cells

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tim,

Am Thu, 4 Sep 2014 14:49:37 +0100 schrieb TimR1316:

Hi all, I'm working with 2 columns of data. One column contains urls.
The next column contains multiple attributes associated with a url.
There is a one to many relationship between these columns (see
attached). I need to fill the empty cells in the URL column with the URL
above. I've done it before - I just can't remember how I did it. I seem
to remember using ctrl-enter?? The examples I've attached show what I
have and what I need it to look like. Any help is greatly appreciated!

try:
Sub Hyp()
Dim rngC As Range
Dim LRow As Long

With ActiveSheet
LRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For Each rngC In Range("A1:A" & LRow)
If Len(rngC) = 0 Then
.Hyperlinks.Add _
anchor:=rngC, _
Address:=rngC.Offset(-1, 0).Hyperlinks(1).Address, _
TextToDisplay:=rngC.Text
End If
Next
End With
End Sub

To fill hyperlinks down you have to copy them down. CTRL+Enter does not
work with hyperlinks.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional