Junior Member

Default Can the IF function be used with values from multiple worksheets?

Hi! I have 2 worksheets. I am trying to get an equation that will match values between worksheets and then fill in another column with data from the opposite worksheet. My IF equation right now is:

=IF(B2='[ms updated inventory with ahfs.xls]ICu'!$A$2,L2='[ms updated inventory with ahfs.xls]ICu'!$B$2)

Where B2 is value on worksheet a,
ms updated inventory with ahfs.xls]ICu'! this is the match to column in worksheet b
A2 is the cell to place the new information and L2 is where to get the info to place in A2. If they do not match, I want the A cell to be left blank.

I hope this makes sense...this is my first post.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Tricia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tricia,

Am Tue, 4 Feb 2014 16:52:06 +0000 schrieb goosielynn:

Hi! I have 2 worksheets. I am trying to get an equation that will
match values between worksheets and then fill in another column with
data from the opposite worksheet. My IF equation right now is:

=IF(B2='[ms updated inventory with ahfs.xls]ICu'!$A$2,L2='[ms updated
inventory with ahfs.xls]ICu'!$B$2)

I guess this is a case for VLOOKUP.
Can you upload a demo file and post the link here?

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Tricia,

Am Tue, 4 Feb 2014 16:52:06 +0000 schrieb goosielynn:

Hi! I have 2 worksheets. I am trying to get an equation that will
match values between worksheets and then fill in another column with
data from the opposite worksheet. My IF equation right now is:

=IF(B2='[ms updated inventory with ahfs.xls]ICu'!$A$2,L2='[ms updated
inventory with ahfs.xls]ICu'!$B$2)

I guess this is a case for VLOOKUP.
Can you upload a demo file and post the link here?

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

I have attached the file.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tricia,

Am Tue, 4 Feb 2014 19:49:24 +0000 schrieb goosielynn:

I have attached the file.

here is no attachment :-(
Send it to my address

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Tricia,

Am Tue, 4 Feb 2014 19:49:24 +0000 schrieb goosielynn:

I have attached the file.

here is no attachment :-(
Send it to my address

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
I don't see your address... I have attached again, please let me know if it worked this time, Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt upload for excel help.txt (6.9 KB, 138 views)