Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Seperate values into multiple worksheets

I have worksheet that has hundreds of columns and close to 1,000,000 rows.
in column a the cells are defined as our different stores. ie... 1 or A or
even a (alpha-numeric and case sensitive) There are 50 different store
letters and numbers all single digit. The rest of the columns are of little
significance. I would like to insert all my data into sheet1, run a macro
that will copy all of store 1's rows to a sheet labeled 1. have it also do 2
and 3 all the way to z having many sheets that only have like items based on
column a.

That is the necessity

My wish list is that the macro would automatically write the sheet names
based upon columnA. Also it would copy the data only (no formulas attached
to the cell).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Royce

Start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Royce" wrote in message ...
I have worksheet that has hundreds of columns and close to 1,000,000 rows.
in column a the cells are defined as our different stores. ie... 1 or A or
even a (alpha-numeric and case sensitive) There are 50 different store
letters and numbers all single digit. The rest of the columns are of little
significance. I would like to insert all my data into sheet1, run a macro
that will copy all of store 1's rows to a sheet labeled 1. have it also do 2
and 3 all the way to z having many sheets that only have like items based on
column a.

That is the necessity

My wish list is that the macro would automatically write the sheet names
based upon columnA. Also it would copy the data only (no formulas attached
to the cell).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This worked really good. I used "create a new sheet for unique values". All
works really well except for 1 thing. I have stores that are "A" and a
different store "a". It is case specific. Typically I would use the =code
function to seperate the two but when I do that it makes the =code number as
the sheet name. Is there a way that it can seperate by a cell containg a
formula =code but name the worksheet the actual store number or name. I do
not know where to put the line of code in. Macro are really new to me. I
tried changing a couple of spots but I start getting errors.

It is neat though, if there is no uppercase or no lowercase of a specific
letter it will label the sheet either upper or lower depending on what is
there. But when there is both it will combine the two.

"Royce" wrote in message ...
I have worksheet that has hundreds of columns and close to 1,000,000 rows.
in column a the cells are defined as our different stores. ie... 1 or A or
even a (alpha-numeric and case sensitive) There are 50 different store
letters and numbers all single digit. The rest of the columns are of little
significance. I would like to insert all my data into sheet1, run a macro
that will copy all of store 1's rows to a sheet labeled 1. have it also do 2
and 3 all the way to z having many sheets that only have like items based on
column a.

That is the necessity

My wish list is that the macro would automatically write the sheet names
based upon columnA. Also it would copy the data only (no formulas attached
to the cell).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Royce

Send me a small example workbook private
And I will look at it tomorrow or so.