Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mac mac is offline

Default if statement with vlookup

Hi everyone,

This may 1st post on this group hoping someone can share lights on my inquiry

I have this table

name value 1 value 2
mac 5.0 4.1
kutch 2.6 1.8
tania 3.8 4.8
uly 3.4 3.7
albert 3.8 2.1
freeda 4.5 3.9

the values on "value 1" and "value 2" are from a computation that can varies 0.0 to 5.0

then I have created at same sheet a table (matrix) x axis = the possible value from "value 1" and y axis = the impassible value from "value 2" where can I plot the names based on the values.

what I'm looking for is a formula the i can put on each cell on the matrix that will put the text value on the "name" aligned with the x and y axis. to automate the plotting.

I hope my problem in solvable

cheers!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:23:40 PM UTC-8, mac wrote:
[...]

Try =INDEX(B2:C7,MATCH(F1,A2:A7,0),MATCH(F2,B1:C1,0))

Where F1 is a name and F2 is "Value 1" or "Value 2"

Regards,
Howard