Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PivotTable - Filter Row

I am working on creating a pivot table for the data I have. The data looks something like below:

ID Policy_July Policy_June Policy_May Policy_April Policy_March Label

13 High Med High High High Good
2 Low Low Low Low Low Good
3 Low Low Low Low Low Good
4 High Med High High High Good
5 High Low High High High Good
6 Low Low Low Low Low Bad
7 High Med High High High Bad
8 High Low High High High Bad

I am comparing results from July with other months. Is there a way I can add a filter for row to enable me to change "Policy_June" to "Policy_March"? Basically, instead of having a filter for column, can I have filter for row in pivot table? If so, can you please guide me on how can I do it?

Again, what I am looking for is to have a filter button above the pivot table that would enable me to change "Policy_June" to "Policy_April".

Secondly, is there a way I can have "Grand Total" as a column (like I have at the bottom of pivot table)? I am trying to sum the value of "Bad" and "Good" for "High" and show the result in the column in yellow.

I am looking for something like below:

Filter Box to select Column Label

Policy_July Policy_June (Column Label)
(Row Label) High Med Low
High 5 3 2

Med

Low 3

Let me know if you need any additional clarification.

Thanks for your time and guidance.