Junior Member

Default What does "" mean in an equation

I am trying to explain this equation but I don't understand what the "" is used for.
=IF(B3<"",(C3-B3)/31,"")
Thanks for the help.
Dustin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am trying to explain this equation but I don't understand what the
"" is used for.
=IF(B3<"",(C3-B3)/31,"")
Thanks for the help.
Dustin

"" is an empty string! Though I suspect a typo in the formula example
because it states...

If B3 is less than empty *then* subtract B3 from C3 and divide the
result by 31, *else* return an empty string

...but I don't get the *less than empty* part. I think the formula
should be...

=IF(B3<"",(C3-B3)/31,"")

...which states if B3 is not empty then do the math!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc