Junior Member

Default Excel Saves Random .xlsm File Everytime I Save

I've noticed on multiple occasions that Excel will save a .xlsm file anytime I close Excel. The file is called "EC_Formatting_Shortcuts_Lite"

It first says "A file named "EC_Formatting_Shortcuts_Lite(1).xlsm' already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it?" I click no and it gives me a Run-time error "1004' saying the file is read only.

I've never created a document that is named EC_Formatting but it is littered through my documents in places I've saved various other files I've worked on.

Any ideas to get this to stop?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Mon, 12 Aug 2013 15:00:43 +0100 schrieb EPitz412:

I've noticed on multiple occasions that Excel will save a .xlsm file
anytime I close Excel. The file is called
"EC_Formatting_Shortcuts_Lite"

It first says "A file named "EC_Formatting_Shortcuts_Lite(1).xlsm'
already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it?" I click no
and it gives me a Run-time error "1004' saying the file is read only.

look in Options = Add-Ins and deactivate this Add-In

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2