EPitz412 EPitz412 is offline
Junior Member

Default Excel Saves Random .xlsm File Everytime I Save

I've noticed on multiple occasions that Excel will save a .xlsm file anytime I close Excel. The file is called "EC_Formatting_Shortcuts_Lite"

It first says "A file named "EC_Formatting_Shortcuts_Lite(1).xlsm' already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it?" I click no and it gives me a Run-time error "1004' saying the file is read only.

I've never created a document that is named EC_Formatting but it is littered through my documents in places I've saved various other files I've worked on.

Any ideas to get this to stop?