Junior Member

Question Multiple worksheet summary

I am working on a document I need help indexing. I have 44 worksheets in the same document with detailed information pertaining to each individual case. I want certain bits of these details readily available in one worksheet, like an index or a summary. All the information I've found so far was pertaining to mathematical functions using the cells of other worksheets, but I just want to display the data in specific cells without scrolling through and individually linking each individual cell to the corresponding worksheet cell. I'm attaching a similar situation. I know nothing about VB and very minimal about macros or pivot tables or any of the things I've found thus far. :( Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sample.zip (7.1 KB, 59 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple worksheet summary

Am Mon, 22 Jul 2013 04:04:33 +0100 schrieb PamaLove8628:

I am working on a document I need help indexing. I have 44 worksheets
in the same document with detailed information pertaining to each
individual case. I want certain bits of these details readily available
in one worksheet, like an index or a summary. All the information I've
found so far was pertaining to mathematical functions using the cells of
other worksheets, but I just want to display the data in specific cells
without scrolling through and individually linking each individual cell
to the corresponding worksheet cell. I'm attaching a similar situation.
I know nothing about VB and very minimal about macros or pivot tables
or any of the things I've found thus far. :( Thanks in advance!

|Filename: Sample.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=892|

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Mon, 22 Jul 2013 04:04:33 +0100 schrieb PamaLove8628:

I am working on a document I need help indexing. I have 44 worksheets
in the same document with detailed information pertaining to each
individual case. I want certain bits of these details readily available
in one worksheet, like an index or a summary.
|Filename: Sample.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=892|

if you could change your sheet names to "Patient 1", "Patient 2" you
could use in sheet Index A2:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A$1,INDIRECT("'Patient "&ROW(A1)&"'!A1:B1000"),2,0),"")
and copy to the right and down.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

I did this and the cells remain empty - it returns no information whatsoever. Could you please explain the values so I can repair the formula?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Mon, 22 Jul 2013 04:04:33 +0100 schrieb PamaLove8628:

I am working on a document I need help indexing. I have 44 worksheets
in the same document with detailed information pertaining to each
individual case. I want certain bits of these details readily available
in one worksheet, like an index or a summary.
|Filename: Sample.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=892|

if you could change your sheet names to "Patient 1", "Patient 2" you
could use in sheet Index A2:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A$1,INDIRECT("'Patient "&ROW(A1)&"'!A1:B1000"),2,0),"")
and copy to the right and down.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:19:48 +0100 schrieb PamaLove8628:

I did this and the cells remain empty - it returns no information
whatsoever. Could you please explain the values so I can repair the
formula?

please have a look:
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for the workbooks "Sample" and "Sample2"
Workbook "Sample" has sheet names like "Patient 1" etc.
Workbook "Sample2" works with VBA and it doesn't matter what the sheet
names are like.
In SkyDrive macros are disabled. So you have to rightclick and download
the workbook.

Regards
Claus B.