Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WGD WGD is offline

Default Change text color with an IF statement

Please, would like to change the color of text in a cell t driven by
an IF statesment in another cell.

How is this done?

Thank You

Wayne
Sarasota
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:11:14 -0400 schrieb WGD:

Please, would like to change the color of text in a cell t driven by
an IF statesment in another cell.

have a look for Conditional Formatting.
Or post the condition that should change the color.

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 21:13:55 +0200, Claus Busch
wrote:

Hi,

Am Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:11:14 -0400 schrieb WGD:

Please, would like to change the color of text in a cell t driven by
an IF statesment in another cell.

have a look for Conditional Formatting.
Or post the condition that should change the color.

Regards
Claus Busch

I give the cell a range name, and then use a formula

=RngNm="CELLTEXT"

The quoted cell value 'variable' is case sensitive.

I use a range name I call "PrgClr". that equates to "Program Color"
for my abbreviation purposes.

So anyway, the cell that has that range name gets a coded four or five
letter code text, which I choose from a dropdown list I build a table
(another named range) for. I call that list "ClrTable", and use data
validation to clamp the cell value to the codes placed in that 'table' or
list.

That drop down choice sets the "PrgClr" value.

So, my conditional formatting list for that worksheet is a list of
entries which match the number in the color table list.

I create on entry for the area you want to pop the color on. Then, I
copy the string in that conditional format entry to paste into subsequent
entries to match the cells which get affected. If you start with them
highlighted, it will automatically carry over.

That basic sheet allows me to then copy and paste a cell which has
entries made for it to a new sheet and all the conditionals carry over
and get new entries made for then under that worksheet.

Whew. I hope that made some sense.

I also have a sheet where cells light up based on a yes/no dropdown
qualifier cell column. So, a cell gets y selected, and a whole row in a
table lights up or goes away. now row movement or adjustment though.
Just the contents.

Check my sheet. Many hours invested. Free to all.

Excel needs an internal engine to manage this stuff without so much
conditional entry stuff, which is very manual and labor intensive.
It should be editable like VB macros are. individual conditionals are
nice, but I should be able to clone them at least and edit the clone.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ss...erPainter.xlsx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WGD WGD is offline

wrote:

Hi,

Am Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:11:14 -0400 schrieb WGD:

Please, would like to change the color of text in a cell t driven by
an IF statesment in another cell.

have a look for Conditional Formatting.
Or post the condition that should change the color.

Regards
Claus Busch

Within a ROW, entering 'X' let's say in a cell in Column 'M',
change/highlight contents in Column 'N'.

Is this clear?

Wayne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WGD WGD is offline

wrote:

Hi,

Am Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:11:14 -0400 schrieb WGD:

Please, would like to change the color of text in a cell t driven by
an IF statesment in another cell.

have a look for Conditional Formatting.
Or post the condition that should change the color.

Regards
Claus Busch

Within a ROW, entering 'X" let's say in Col 'M' will highlight the
contents in Com 'N'

Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Wayne,

Am Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:34:48 -0400 schrieb WGD:

Within a ROW, entering 'X' let's say in a cell in Column 'M',
change/highlight contents in Column 'N'.

from A1 select all cells in the row(s) that will be formatted. Then
Conditional Formatting = New Rule = Use formula .... and put in this
formula:
=B1="X" and select your wished format.

Regards
Claus Busch