Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change the color of a cell or text with an if statement

I have an if statement and if the answer is false I want the to be RED.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

use conditional formating Fomat-conditonal formatting equation is (your
formula) and format as wanted

"Oddcarout" wrote:

I have an if statement and if the answer is false I want the to be RED.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(D6="Yes", "Complete", IF(F6=$B$1, "Current", "Past Due"))

I want it to be red if "Past Due"

for the conditional I have Formula is ="Past Due"

but that does not work.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have to add the address of the cell that contains the formula.

If your original formula is in A1, and A1 is what you're looking to turn
red, then select A1 when creating your CF, and your *conditional* formula
should be:

=A1="Past Due"
--
HTH,

RD

"Oddcarout" wrote in message
=IF(D6="Yes", "Complete", IF(F6=$B$1, "Current", "Past Due"))

I want it to be red if "Past Due"

for the conditional I have Formula is ="Past Due"

but that does not work.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

redid my formula
=IF($B$1<F6,"Current",IF($B$1-7F6,"7 Days Past Due", IF($B$1F6,"Past
Due",unknown)))

I have added the 7 days past due, I would like to use two different colors,
one for past due and one for 7 days past due.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Also is there a way to make more than one cell formated. I would like the
whole line to become red.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am using

=$B$1-7<F6<$B$1 (yellow) but it is not working.
I also have:
=F6<$B$1 that is working (red)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

in the conditional formatting window
click add to get new options
you can have up to three
use the <7 days as the first and past due as the second
it will do the first conditional format it meets.

select the entire row and put as condiotn 1 the formula is =$f6<$B$1-7
format as red
condition 2 the formula is =$f6<$B$1 format other yellow
Assuming f6 is the due date and b1 is todays date.

"Oddcarout" wrote:

I am using

=$B$1-7<F6<$B$1 (yellow) but it is not working.
I also have:
=F6<$B$1 that is working (red)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First condition (7 days past due)

=And($B$1$F6,$B$1<=($F6+7)) - format yellow

Second condition

=$B$1($F6+7) - format red

To make the whole row turn red (or yellow), select all the cells in the row
you want to be formatted this way AND THEN do the conditional formatting

"Oddcarout" wrote:

redid my formula
=IF($B$1<F6,"Current",IF($B$1-7F6,"7 Days Past Due", IF($B$1F6,"Past
Due",unknown)))

I have added the 7 days past due, I would like to use two different colors,
one for past due and one for 7 days past due.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks,