Junior Member

Default adding accross sheets

I would have thought this was easy but I can't find the answer. How to I construct a formula to add across sheets, ie =sum(Sheet2!A1+Sheet3!A1+Sheet4!A1) is the easy way but that gets tedious if there are more than a few sheets. will =sum(Sheet2:Sheet4!A1) work?

Thanks
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRockower View Post
I would have thought this was easy but I can't find the answer. How to I construct a formula to add across sheets, ie =sum(Sheet2!A1+Sheet3!A1+Sheet4!A1) is the easy way but that gets tedious if there are more than a few sheets. will =sum(Sheet2:Sheet4!A1) work?

Thanks
I found my answer. Yes, that formula will work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:40:01 +0100 schrieb SJRockower:

I would have thought this was easy but I can't find the answer. How to
I construct a formula to add across sheets, ie
=sum(Sheet2!A1+Sheet3!A1+Sheet4!A1) is the easy way but that gets
tedious if there are more than a few sheets. will
=sum(Sheet2:Sheet4!A1) work?

why didn't you test it?

=SUM(Sheet2:Sheet4!A1)
will work

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One method for many sheets is to make a sandwich.

Summary sheet at beginning of workbook.
Add a blank sheet to right of that sheet. . . name it First
Add a blank sheet at end . . . name it Last

Formula in Summary sheet =SUM(First!A1:Last!A1)

If need new sheets insert between First and Last

Gord