Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JHB JHB is offline

Default Excel opening MSSynch in 2010? How to stop it?

Hi:

I have an Excel spreadsheet (Developed originally using office 2000)
that is opened by an MSAccess program, and then closed as part of an
Excel Macro. The whole thing works fine with Office 2000 and Office
2007 BUT when I try and run it (in Compatability mode) with 2010
something does not happen correctly. Specifically, when the
spreadsheet and Excel application are closed (Using and Excel macro)
there is some sort of link left active. When IAccess opens (or
attempts to open) the Spreadsheet again later in the session it seems
to ignore the call, and sometimes comes back with a blank screen. The
only way to make the call work is to close Access and Office and
restart. This is NOT something that happens in other versions! I am
using software to hold Access off while the Excel sheet does its
thing, but this too wokrs fine with other versions.

Two questions:

One: Is there some other software being opened as part of Exxcel that
holds the connevction opee -- when I open the Task Manager I see
something that appears to be called MSSYNCH. (or something like that
-- I do not have access to the 2010 system and my notes are a bit
messy).

Two: How do I stop the condition from occuring. I assume I need to
close the other software, and would apprecaiate the command to do it.

Thanks very much

John Baker