Senior Member

Default how to convert grades into a value

i have a worksheet. in which i have grades in col C. I want to get these grades converted into a value in col D. suppose grades are like this..
in C5=A1 C6=B1 C7= D1
i want to convert ----- A1 into 10 B1 into 8
AND D1 into 6. how can i accomplish this?
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumesh56 View Post
i have a worksheet. in which i have grades in col C. I want to get these grades converted into a value in col D. suppose grades are like this..
in C5=A1 C6=B1 C7= D1
i want to convert ----- A1 into 10 B1 into 8
AND D1 into 6. how can i accomplish this?
I´m not sure if I understood correctly your necessity.

Try to do this one: Cell D5 -- =IF(C5="A1",10,IF(C5="B1",8,6))

If it´s not what your looking for, try explain with a worksheet example here.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post
I´m not sure if I understood correctly your necessity.

Try to do this one: Cell D5 -- =IF(C5="A1",10,IF(C5="B1",8,6))

If it´s not what your looking for, try explain with a worksheet example here.
let me check it and tell whether it works or not,. btw, i got an idea to do this using the vlookup funtion. but yours seems to be simple compared to that . let me see. thanks for the suggestion. have a nice day.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumesh56 View Post
let me check it and tell whether it works or not,. btw, i got an idea to do this using the vlookup funtion. but yours seems to be simple compared to that . let me see. thanks for the suggestion. have a nice day.
thanks a lot for this suggestion. it works perfectly. this is what i wanted.have a nice day.