Junior Member

Default Workgroup and Network in Windows 7

Hi,
I have 3 x PC all running Windows 7, all running off the same router. Each PC has 2 users. Each of the 2 users per PC are a manager and member of staff. (they share the PC). I use PC1 as my library for everything for the business to saved on, so all users need Access, but I want to restrict what the "staff" can see.

PC1: User = Manager1 and Staff1
This PC holds the BE of the dbase as well as shared folders

PC2: Users = Manager2 and Staff2
This PC has FE which is linked to PC1's BE

PC3: Users = Manager3 and Staff3
This PC has FE which is linked to PC1's BE

At the moment, when I click on "Computer", I can see all three PC's are part of NETWORK. I can also see under "Homegroup" that all three PC's are part of the same homegroup.

The way I want it to work is that managers can see everything, and staff can only see what they've been given permission to see. Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Graeme