Dinesh

Default Convert lower case charecters to upper case

Is there a way that we can convert lower case charecters to upper case in MS
Excel cells? I have more than 150 User ID's written down in Excel using both
Upper case and Lower case. But now I need to convert them in to upper case.
Is there an option for that?
Paul B

Dinesh, there is an upper function, you could put this in a nother column
and copy down, =UPPER(A1) , then paste special back over the data or you
could use a macro like this and do it all at once

Sub Change_To_Uppercase()
'select range and run this to change to all CAPS
Dim cel As Range
For Each cel In Intersect(Selection, _
ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
cel.Formula = UCase$(cel.Formula)
Next

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Dinesh" wrote in message
Is there a way that we can convert lower case charecters to upper case in

MS
Excel cells? I have more than 150 User ID's written down in Excel using

both
Upper case and Lower case. But now I need to convert them in to upper

case.
Is there an option for that?

Dave Peterson

You can use a helper column of cells.

Say your data is in A1:A150,
put this in B1
=upper(a1)
and drag down.

You could select column B
Edit|copy
edit|Paste special|values
and delete column A if you wanted.

--

Dave Peterson
Ian

Assuming your original IDs are in column 1. Use a helper column eg
=UPPER(A1), then copy down. You can then copy and Paste SpecialValues to
overwrite the original data.

--
Ian