Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spelling checker problem on a specific worksheet only

The following occurs on Sheet1 only of a specific workbook.

Any word, correctly spelled or misspelled produces this from the Spell checker on the Review tab of the ribbon.

I get the Spelling: English (U.S.) dialog box as expected.
Regarddless of the word I have selected to spell check, the "Not in Dictonary box" displays "Tx" (no quotes).
In the Suggestion: box it offers TX, Tax, Tux.

On other worksheets in the same workbook the spell checker works fine as well as a new workbook and any worksheet in it.

Any clues as to what is going on with this particular sheet?

Thanks.
Regards,
Howard

Any clues
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Monday, September 17, 2012 12:06:57 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
The following occurs on Sheet1 only of a specific workbook.

Any word, correctly spelled or misspelled produces this from the Spell checker on the Review tab of the ribbon.

I get the Spelling: English (U.S.) dialog box as expected.

Regarddless of the word I have selected to spell check, the "Not in Dictonary box" displays "Tx" (no quotes).

In the Suggestion: box it offers TX, Tax, Tux.

On other worksheets in the same workbook the spell checker works fine as well as a new workbook and any worksheet in it.

Any clues as to what is going on with this particular sheet?

Thanks.

Regards,

Howard

Any clues

For what it's worth regarding my spell check problem. I found that the spell checker was offering a solution to abbreviated text on a few of the Form Buttons on the worksheet.

I have never had to deal with this before and don't know why it does this now. I eliminated the text on the culprit buttons and inserted a single number and now use an index to give a brief description as to what button 1 does and same with 2 and 3.

I would still be receptive to some vb code that will spell check a single cell (and always the same cell). I would put this code in a worksheet_change sub.

Thanks.
Regards,
Howard

User Specific excel problem when opening a excel worksheet SJMP Setting up and Configuration of Excel 3 January 16th 08 09:46 AM
Compatibility Checker Problem Mark B Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 January 2nd 07 08:37 PM
Navigate to specific cell on specific worksheet Bryan Excel Programming 2 April 13th 06 04:33 PM
Spelling check Mark Excel Programming 1 August 5th 04 09:24 AM
Spelling out a numeric value ChequeSpeller Excel Programming 5 February 13th 04 02:31 PM