Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PowerPivot query

Hi everyone

I'm using Excel 2010 and the PowerPivot addin. I have loaded up 2 relational tables, sales order header and sales order detail - sales order detail holds the line items. Sales order header contains some records which have no matching line items. This is because the order has not yet been priced. If the order header has corresponding line items then it has been priced.

I would like to insert a calculated column in Sales order header which counts the number of line items (in the sales order detail table) that relate to that order. That way I can then easily flag the orders that have not yet been priced.

I'm still learning PowerPivot and getting on ok but am struggling with the DAX for this issue. Are any of you clever chaps & chapesses able to help?

TIA

Stuart