Junior Member

Default Averaging Data across multiple sheets

I've dabbled in excel over the years but have hit a cross roads. I help teach a middle school track summer camp. Now every week we do certain timed activities and keep track of the results. Here is the problem- I can't find a way to average these results.

My excel sheet is set up with 5 sheets. Sheets 1-4 Being labeled Week1, Week2, Week3, Week4 and sheet 5 is for my calculations. Each sheet is set up identical with students name in column A (i.e. John, Tim, Sarah, Connie) and the timed events in the remaining columns (ex. 100m, 200m, 3 cone drill, etc, etc)

Now I would like to have a master sheet that will tell me Johns (and every other students) average time for each event across the 4 week period. (i.e. average time for 100m, 200m, 3 cone drill, etc) The problem i seem to be running into is that John is not always in cell A1 one week he will be in cell A1 the next week he will be in cell A19.

Any help would be appreciated.