Junior Member

Default Help Needed - Making Numbers

Hi

I want to make a group of numbers but am having trouble. What I am trying to do is make a list like this:

092660000
092660001
092660002
092660003

I get the bit about A1 + 1 and then copy and paste but every time I do it Excel takes out the first 0 so I end up with a list that looks like this:

92660000
92660001
92660002
92660003

thats not what I want, I must have the 0 in front.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:29:48 +0000 schrieb Bassai:

I want to make a group of numbers but am having trouble. What I am
trying to do is make a list like this:

092660000
092660001
092660002
092660003

use custom numberformat "000000000" (without the quotes)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassai View Post
Hi

I want to make a group of numbers but am having trouble. What I am trying to do is make a list like this:

092660000
092660001
092660002
092660003

I get the bit about A1 + 1 and then copy and paste but every time I do it Excel takes out the first 0 so I end up with a list that looks like this:

92660000
92660001
92660002
92660003

thats not what I want, I must have the 0 in front.

Any ideas?
Hi,

Have a look at the attachment.
The cells are custom formatted to 000000000 which forces Excel to show that leading zero.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bassai Example.zip (6.2 KB, 43 views)