Senior Member

Default Auto populate monthly and quarterly data

Hello Dear friends,

Please help me to auto populate monthly and quarterly data data from a table of monthly figures. Please see attached.

Basically just by by updating the current month in B2 cell, data should auto matically populate from the table shown
Say if I type July in B2 cell, it should automatically populate the values from the table on the right for the month of July

Similarly for the Quarter.

Appreciate your attention
Attached Files
File Type: zip Auto Populate by current month.zip (8.8 KB, 138 views)
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel Dumbo View Post
Hello Dear friends,

Please help me to auto populate monthly and quarterly data data from a table of monthly figures. Please see attached.

Basically just by by updating the current month in B2 cell, data should auto matically populate from the table shown
Say if I type July in B2 cell, it should automatically populate the values from the table on the right for the month of July

Similarly for the Quarter.

Appreciate your attention
Hi Excel Dumbo
Basically i have Been able to figure out how to make it look for the month specified and match this to the relevant column.
to do this you need to use a INDEX and MATCH commands

and example of the formula is here
=INDEX($E$1:$P$29,3,MATCH($B$2,$E$1:$P$1,0))
this works like so.
('is all the cells your pulling data from'
,'The row Number your pulling the data from (so 3-29 Depending on what cell the formula is in)'
,MATCH('the input cell (were JUL Is input))'
,'All the column Headers to search (so all the months)
,'Match type ,0 for exact match))

I hope this makes sense to you.
i have added a zipped complete copy that i have made up for you.

sadly i have no clue how you would go around inputting a Quarterly calculation using this method. the only thing i can think is to have 3 separate cells with the months you want added up and then make a very long formula that searched each one and adds them. ill keep working to find a solution :)

Regards
chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip Auto Populate by current month (MONTH DONE).zip (10.1 KB, 57 views)
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omen666blue View Post
[...]

One way to get the quarterly totals would be to use hidden helper columns. If that's an option, let me know and i'll mock a version up.

If the example workbook is the exact layout you have then it can easily be done using hlookup.

S.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
One way to get the quarterly totals would be to use hidden helper columns. If that's an option, let me know and i'll mock a version up.

If the example workbook is the exact layout you have then it can easily be done using hlookup.

S.
Had another look at this and the question to be asked is what version of Excel are you using. If you're using 2007 or later it's easy enough to do, although requires some changing of formats of the date cells.

If using an earlier version of Excel than 2007, it can still be done, but is a little more awkward, especially if you don't have the Analysis Toolpak add in installed.
Senior Member

Thanks a lot Omen for the detialed explaintion. Works well and made my life easy. Hats off to you

Hello Spencer, thank you very much for pointing me to the right direction for the Quarterly data . If you could mock up a version for me, that would be extremely great.example workbook is in exact layout and unfortunately I am using Excel 2003 version.

Awaiting your solution to the quarterly problem.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel Dumbo View Post
Thanks a lot Omen for the detialed explaintion. Works well and made my life easy. Hats off to you

Hello Spencer, thank you very much for pointing me to the right direction for the Quarterly data . If you could mock up a version for me, that would be extremely great.example workbook is in exact layout and unfortunately I am using Excel 2003 version.

Awaiting your solution to the quarterly problem.
A couple of questions:

1) Do you have the analysis toolpak addin installed on your machine?
Easy way to tell is format two cells (A1 & B1) in a new workbook at DD/MM/YYYY dates). In A1 type today's date and in B1 type =EOMONTH(A1,0) and press enter. If the date shown in B1 is the last day of the month, then you have the toolpak installed and that makes life easy. If you get an error then you don't have it installed.

2) What happens when the date selected gets to November for example? Should it just say Nov & Dec or should it be Nov, Dec and Jan of the following year?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
Your file is at this link: http://cjoint.com/?BGexpx8kguO
You will find some notes on the sheet
HTH
Cimjet
"Excel Dumbo" wrote in message

Hello Dear friends,

Please help me to auto populate monthly and quarterly data data from a
table of monthly figures. Please see attached.

Basically just by by updating the current month in B2 cell, data should
auto matically populate from the table shown
Say if I type July in B2 cell, it should automatically populate the
values from the table on the right for the month of July

Similarly for the Quarter.

Appreciate your attention

|Filename: Auto Populate by current month.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=448|

Excel Dumbo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Again
This one I installed Data Validation list so you don't need to type, just
select.
Your choice.
http://cjoint.com/?BGex1w7ypfW

HTH
Cimjet
"Excel Dumbo" wrote in message

Hello Dear friends,

Please help me to auto populate monthly and quarterly data data from a
table of monthly figures. Please see attached.

Basically just by by updating the current month in B2 cell, data should
auto matically populate from the table shown
Say if I type July in B2 cell, it should automatically populate the
values from the table on the right for the month of July

Similarly for the Quarter.

Appreciate your attention

|Filename: Auto Populate by current month.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=448|

Excel Dumbo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rostering form: Adding New Lines to a table about a totals calculation.

Hi
First, you shouldn't post on someone else post, your lucky to get a reply, start a new post, anyway here is a link to a sample file, try it out.
http://wikisend.com/download/101450/AddXRows.xls
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, July 27, 2012 8:37:21 PM UTC-4, omen666blue wrote:
Anybody figured out a way of doing this? im still racking my brain! im

sure there is an easy way!

regards

chris

--

omen666blue

I just downloaded the link from Wikisend. It's garbage, don't know what append, sorry
See this link :
http://cjoint.com/?BGDdsUWalpu
Hope this is working!!!
Cimjet

Senior Member

Thanks a lot Cim Jet. This is what I was looking for exactly. You are the best and this site rocks.