Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula to count text entries and return text with most entries

Hi all

I need to create a formula that will look down a column of text (e.g. apple, apple, apple, pear, orange) and not just count but return the actual entry that has been entered most -above would obviously be "apple"

I believe i would not to create an array formula but most formulas seem to relate to numbers or want to convert text to numbers. I just want the formula to display the word entered most in the relevant column.

Regards to all

Reppy