Junior Member

Default Formula for transferring data in rows to columns on two different Worksheets

I have data for two organizations (BBO and CCD) collected by week in rows in a sheet titled "Data".
The data collected is: Gross, Net and Value

I want to present the data for each organization by week with the weeks presented in columns (see sheet "Summary")

I tried a nested IF statement but it didn't work (See "Summary" sheet).

I tried an INDEX / MATCH formula but couldn't get that to work either (see cell B3 on "SUMMARY" sheet). Expected value is $100 not "0".

I welcome and appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sample File.zip (11.4 KB, 52 views)
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_Jim View Post
I have data for two organizations (BBO and CCD) collected by week in rows in a sheet titled "Data".
The data collected is: Gross, Net and Value

I want to present the data for each organization by week with the weeks presented in columns (see sheet "Summary")

I tried a nested IF statement but it didn't work (See "Summary" sheet).

I tried an INDEX / MATCH formula but couldn't get that to work either (see cell B3 on "SUMMARY" sheet). Expected value is $100 not "0".

I welcome and appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
I think this is what you mean.

You could also use SUMIFS to do the same.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sample File (2).zip (11.4 KB, 68 views)
Junior Member

That is what I was looking for. I wasn't familiar with the sumproduct formula. Thanks!

One question though, in the formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(DATA!$A$2:$A$38=$A2)*(DATA!$B$2:$B$38=B$1),DATA!$ C$2:$C$38)

what are the "--" before (DATA!$A$@...) for?

Thanks,

Jim
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_Jim View Post
That is what I was looking for. I wasn't familiar with the sumproduct formula. Thanks!

One question though, in the formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(DATA!$A$2:$A$38=$A2)*(DATA!$B$2:$B$38=B$1),DATA!$ C$2:$C$38)

what are the "--" before (DATA!$A$@...) for?

Thanks,

Jim
Hi Jim,
This link will explain it far better than I would...
www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html
Junior Member

Many thanks mate!

Cheers,