Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Transferring data between worksheets

Hi everyone,

I have two worksheets that I am trying to link together in
some way so that when i enter the data into sheet it will
automatically add to and list it in the other. I have 3
different sets of data to be linked - one dollar amount
and two reference numbers. The information in the first
worksheet is just listed by date with the reference
numbers and amount in the last three columns. However the
second worksheet is organized with the first ref. number
in the rows so that rows 5 through 20 is say '8000' and
rows 26 though 34 are '8500'. and the columns are the
second reference number so B is 1000 and C is all the
2000's etc. Therfore B5 is an amount and C5 is an amount
but listed in different subcategories and I can subtotal
them by those categories.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well enough to make
anyone else understand it. But if anyone knows of a way to
automatically input the data into that worksheet and could
let me know, it would be a big help. For instance should I
make the second worksheet a chart or something?

Thanks,
Devin