Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default converting dates from file

Hi,

I am receiving dates in an excel file that appear to be in format m-dd-
yyyy format. When I execute the formulas day() and month() they get
them the wrong way round ie the month returns the day and vice versa.

Can someone tell me how I get around this problem and why its
occuring?

regards
Colm.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Monday, May 21, 2012 6:57:35 AM UTC-4, colmkav wrote:
Hi,

I am receiving dates in an excel file that appear to be in format m-dd-
yyyy format. When I execute the formulas day() and month() they get
them the wrong way round ie the month returns the day and vice versa.

Can someone tell me how I get around this problem and why its
occuring?

regards
Colm.

More information is needed. Pick a specific date. Re-format the cell to integer. What is the date as it appears and what is the integer value.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"colmkav" wrote:
I am receiving dates in an excel file that appear to be
in format m-dd-yyyy format. When I execute the formulas
day() and month() they get them the wrong way round ie
the month returns the day and vice versa.

It appears that your date form is set to d-M-yyyy in the Regional and
Language Options control panel.

To convert the m-dd-yyyy form to correct numeric Excel dates, use the
Text-To-Columns feature. Be sure to click on Next, not Finish, in each
dialog box. When you get to the last dialog box, click on Date MDY to
convert the dates.

You might also need to format the cells as Date with the desired subtype,
for example d-mm-yyyy.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thx