Junior Member

Post Executing a .BAT file using excel macro

HI

I have a .bat file which downloads a Mainframe file into a text file through FTP into my local machine.I need to execute this .bat file through excel vba. I tried the below shell script commands.

sYourCommand = "C:\Documents and Settings\FTP\mtc\extract.bat"
x = Shell("cmd.exe /c " & sYourCommand, 1)

The command window opens but the file is not downloaded.

when i execute the .bat file manually i get the files downloaded. Please help me to excute this .bat file throough excel vba.

Below details may help

the .bat file command ---------- ftp -s:file1.txt 192.74.252.153
file1.txt ( in the same location as .bat file )contains the user credentials and mainframe and local file name details.
as below

k9999
tda1234
get 'PJJJ.NVS.PJJJDSLA.SLARRRD.JJJ(0)' sla.txt

Last edited by Vasanth : May 17th 12 at 11:00 AM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Executing a .BAT file using excel macro

--
Vasanth

Consider putting a
pause