Leo

Default IS THERE A SETTING TO DISABLE SAVE ON EXITING?

I'd like to know if there is a way to disble the save function when I exit
Excel. I do a "save as", the have to save again when I exit.
Dave Peterson

Did you do a SaveAs and use a non-normal workbook format (like .csv, .prn, or
older versions of excel)?

If you did, then excel wants to remind you that you may need to save the
workbook as a normal .xls file.

I don't think that behavior can be stopped.

Or if you saved the workbook as a normal .xls file, did you make changes to the
workbook?

Do you have any of these volatile functions in your workbook?

=AREAS()
=OFFSET()
=CELL()
=INDIRECT()
=ROWS()
=COLUMNS()
=NOW()
=TODAY()
=RAND()

* may not be volatile in all versions

These evaluate with each calculation. And cause excel to think your workbook
has changed.

And excel likes to recalculate workbooks created in earlier versions. Is this
the case in your situation?

Do you have any macros that run automatically that could be changing something?

--

Dave Peterson
Leo

1) no
2) no
3) possibly
4) no
5) yes

Leo wrote:

I'd like to know if there is a way to disble the save function when I exit
Excel. I do a "save as", the have to save again when I exit.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

So with your possibly and yes, are you sure you would want to disable the
saving.

And if you disable the saving for this, it might be disasterous if you really
need to save the workbook.

I surely wouldn't do this (it scares the heck out of me!), but you could use a
workbook event.

This goes behind the ThisWorkbook module:

Option Explicit
Me.Saved = True
End Sub

Please don't do this!

Leo wrote:

1) no
2) no
3) possibly
4) no
5) yes

Leo wrote:

I'd like to know if there is a way to disble the save function when I exit
Excel. I do a "save as", the have to save again when I exit.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Leo

thanks for the help & advice.. I won't do anything

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

So with your possibly and yes, are you sure you would want to disable the
saving.

And if you disable the saving for this, it might be disasterous if you really
need to save the workbook.

I surely wouldn't do this (it scares the heck out of me!), but you could use a
workbook event.

This goes behind the ThisWorkbook module:

Option Explicit
Me.Saved = True
End Sub

Please don't do this!

Leo wrote:

1) no
2) no
3) possibly
4) no
5) yes

Leo wrote:

I'd like to know if there is a way to disble the save function when I exit
Excel. I do a "save as", the have to save again when I exit.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I think that's a good choice.

If spend an hour making changes (or a really intense 10 minutes) and close
without saving, you'll be happy you didn't turn this on.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

So with your possibly and yes, are you sure you would want to disable the
saving.

And if you disable the saving for this, it might be disasterous if you really
need to save the workbook.

I surely wouldn't do this (it scares the heck out of me!), but you could use a
workbook event.

This goes behind the ThisWorkbook module:

Option Explicit
Me.Saved = True
End Sub

Please don't do this!