JB

Default Disable save function

I have multiple users for a template. The users need access to modify
values, but not formulas. I need to prevent any users from saving without a
password (as ineffective as they may be). I only want to grant "save as"
capabilities. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JB

TazGuy37

Have a look he
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/archive/...p/t-12669.html

Hope that helps!
--
TazGuy

"JB" wrote:

I have multiple users for a template. The users need access to modify
values, but not formulas. I need to prevent any users from saving without a
password (as ineffective as they may be). I only want to grant "save as"
capabilities. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JB

Jack Sons

TazGuy,

I read this

"I wrote this in ExcelXP, but you should get an idea of what you need to do.
Each control has a number assigned to it, and you would need to know that
number to disable it."

From where come the numbers of the controls? Has each menu item and every
button its own control number? Where can we find those numbers?

Jack Sons
The Netherlands

"TazGuy37" schreef in bericht

"JB" wrote:

I have multiple users for a template. The users need access to modify
values, but not formulas. I need to prevent any users from saving
without a
password (as ineffective as they may be). I only want to grant "save as"
capabilities. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JB

Ron de Bruin

Hi Jack

Use the ID number
See
http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jack Sons" wrote in message ...
TazGuy,

I read this

"I wrote this in ExcelXP, but you should get an idea of what you need to do. Each control has a number assigned to it, and you
would need to know that number to disable it."

From where come the numbers of the controls? Has each menu item and every button its own control number? Where can we find those