Junior Member

Default Bar chart problem

Hi,
Created this simple chart but I can't figure out why the bar doesn't reach up to the horiz. line that it corresponds with... 2.0 and 2.5. The bars a noticeably shorter! Ideas?
thanks,
Austex
Attached Images

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austexcal View Post
Hi,
Created this simple chart but I can't figure out why the bar doesn't reach up to the horiz. line that it corresponds with... 2.0 and 2.5. The bars a noticeably shorter! Ideas?
thanks,
Austex
Hi Austex,

Very hard to say without seeing the workbook itself.

S.
Junior Member

I've attached the spreadsheet. it's pretty simple and straight forward...I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi Austex,

Very hard to say without seeing the workbook itself.

S.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BusData.zip (11.6 KB, 51 views)
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austexcal View Post
I've attached the spreadsheet. it's pretty simple and straight forward...I think.
Hi,

It's because your numbers are rounded up. But the graph doesn't look at them in that way.

For example the number in cell B16 is "2.45478036175711", which on a scale of 0-3 shown on the axis to the right of the graph, is quite a bit less than 2.5

If you round the figures up to 1 decimal place rather than just display the numbers that way, all will look as you expect.

Are the numbers in the cells that create the graph created using formulas by any chance? If so, you could build in a =ROUND() element to the formula to take care of this for you.

Hope that's of help.
Let us know if you need more assistance.

S.

Last edited by Spencer101 : April 25th 12 at 11:46 PM

Chart Problem LaDdIe Excel Programming 1 March 7th 10 07:28 PM
Pie Chart problem SURGEON1971 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 April 8th 09 09:57 AM
Pie chart problem SURGEON1971 Charts and Charting in Excel 2 March 30th 09 01:19 PM
lin-log-lin chart problem tom r[_2_] Charts and Charting in Excel 2 October 10th 07 10:05 AM
Chart Problem Michael Ryle Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 20th 06 10:59 PM