frendabrenda1

Default same screen view

I have set up a spreadsheet to fit so all information can be seen on the
screen without scrolling. When I e-mail the file to another user, the sizing
is different so that they must scroll up and down as well as left to right.
Is there a way to lock the screen view so that no matter what machine opens
the file, the same area can be seen?
Dave Peterson

You could use a macro that runs when the recipient opens the workbook, but that
user has to allow macros to run.

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
Application.Goto Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1:l33"), scroll:=True
ActiveWindow.Zoom = True
Application.Goto Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1"), scroll:=True
End Sub

It's essentially just selecting the range and using View|Zoom|Fit selection

--

Dave Peterson
Don Guillett

You could set up a workbook_open event that used select case to determine
resolution and set the zoom accordingly. To get you started

Declare Function GetSystemMetrics32 Lib "user32" Alias _
"GetSystemMetrics" (ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long

Sub Resolution()

x = GetSystemMetrics32(0)
y = GetSystemMetrics32(1)
MsgBox x 'use this number for your select statement to set resolution.
' MsgBox "My screen resolution is " & x & " by " & y & "."

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software