Junior Member

Question Linked 75 MB excel files - HELP

All - I'm looking for some solutions/suggestions that might help.

I have a excel consolidation file (to get a data table 64000 rows & 100 columns) that is linked using direct links to 16 other files (with data tables of 4000 rows & 100 columns).

The problem is the file is a massive 75MB. I still need to build additional tables using sumifs & pivots etc as well as graphs into the consolidation file but as you can imagine the file is painfully slow.

I have already switch off update external links and everything is on manual calculation.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linked 75 MB excel files - HELP

In article , EBets wrote:
All - I'm looking for some solutions/suggestions that might help.

I have a excel consolidation file (to get a data table 64000 rows & 100
columns) that is linked using direct links to 16 other files (with data
tables of 4000 rows & 100 columns).

The problem is the file is a massive 75MB. I still need to build
additional tables using sumifs & pivots etc as well as graphs into the
consolidation file but as you can imagine the file is painfully slow.

I have already switch off update external links and everything is on
manual calculation.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

As a general comment (and from your comments on the speed :) ), I think you
are trying to use XL outside it's capabilities.Perhaps it's time for a
redesign/reformatting of your data into a database of some kind ? :)

I know ... probably not what you wanted to heare. :) :)

Junior Member

Bruce - thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sinclair View Post