oursmp

Default Truncation of content/detail randomly

Hi,

I am working on a VB6 application (using COM PLUS components
extensively), with SQL Server database, that has reports in MS Excel
2003. Most of our reports are working alright but some reports are not
working some times.

When some particular users open some reports, the report opens alright
the first time (say with 100 lines of content). When the same report is
opened again in the second instance, it does not open completely (has
limited content only - say 10 lines only). When we try to close this
report, it gives an error message "The picture is too large and will be
truncated". When the report is opened the third time, it opens correctly
and so on.

We also observed that this happens with excel reports that have a
separate header section in the report.

Not sure why the trunction of content is happening randomly (the first
time a report is opened in an instance it opens correctly. Subsequent
openings are not proper and this is random - some times it works some
times does not).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
oursmp