Junior Member

Smile Checking Hyperlinks

Hi all, my name is Nev and this is my first post to your forum.
I have a spreadsheet (2007) with two columns of hyperlink's which i need to check. The spreadsheet contains products for Google's Merchant Centre, and I know that 5,000 links don't work and I need to find our which ones.

I noted the following thread https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/120564-re-checking-hyperlinks-valid.html which shows a VBA code, I have copied and pasted this code, but when I run the macro I get an error ever time "Bad file name or number".
I assume that the code may need changing for my individual use, but I have no VBA experience and thus cant see what the issue might be.

Any help appreciated

Nev
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott83 View Post

I noted the following thread http://www.excelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=120564 which shows a VBA code, I have copied and pasted this code, but when I run the macro I get an error ever time "Bad file name or number".
I assume that the code may need changing for my individual use, but I have no VBA experience and thus cant see what the issue might be.

Any help appreciated

Nev
Any help appreciated
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott83 View Post
Any help appreciated
Hi Nev,

If you attach your file it will make it far easier for someone to help.

S.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi Nev,

If you attach your file it will make it far easier for someone to help.

S.
Thanks, sample file attached, which contains VBA code that I was trying to use

Nev
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (20.4 KB, 39 views)