cmac50

Default excel viewer problem

I was emailed a very important xls file which I realy need to access. I
downloaded the excel 2003 viewer but when trying to install I'm told that I
neen a newer version of Windows. I still run Windows 98 and have no plans to
go to XP yet. Can anyone suggest how I can possibly open this file? It's
really urgent.
Thanks in advance, Chris.

Jim Rech

I have an old Excel 97 Viewer that I'll email you if you like. It is about
4 megabytes. I don't know whether it will install under Windows 98 but I'd
guess that it would.

--
Jim
"cmac50" wrote in message
|I was emailed a very important xls file which I realy need to access. I
| downloaded the excel 2003 viewer but when trying to install I'm told that
| neen a newer version of Windows. I still run Windows 98 and have no plans
| go to XP yet. Can anyone suggest how I can possibly open this file? It's
| really urgent.
| Thanks in advance, Chris.

cmac50

Thanks Jim, already downloaded the same file from a PC world link posted in
response to a similar query - and it works a treat. Problem solved. This
newsgroup swings.
Chris

"cmac50" wrote in message
|I was emailed a very important xls file which I realy need to access. I
| downloaded the excel 2003 viewer but when trying to install I'm told that
| neen a newer version of Windows. I still run Windows 98 and have no plans
| go to XP yet. Can anyone suggest how I can possibly open this file? It's
| really urgent.
| Thanks in advance, Chris.

Timothy L

For anyone else who is looking for the old Microsoft Excel Viewer 97, you can download it at one of these
locations. Please note that the Microsoft.com link is a direct download link.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...d.asp?fid=5257

--
Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!