Radsri-

Default Date Format in Custom Header

how do I change the date format to September 7, 2005 on Excel when I use
custom header
Richard Neville

Excel date formats in headers and footers depend on what's set in the
computer's "Regional Settings." To change settings, go to Start-Control
Panel-Regional and Language Options. Of course, you can always enter the
date manually in any format you want.

"Radsri-" wrote in message
how do I change the date format to September 7, 2005 on Excel when I use
custom header

JE McGimpsey

If you don't want to change your regional settings, or enter the date
manually, you can use VBA to automatically update the date. One way:

Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module:

Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
ws.PageSetup.LeftHeader = Format(Date, "mmmm d, yyyy")
Next ws
End Sub

Change LeftHeader to CenterHeader or RightHeader if desired.

If you're unfamiliar with macros, see