Kevin

Default Data validation - advanced

Hi

I have list with 2 columns eg

Fruit apple
Fruit orange
Vegtable carrot

I want a use data validation to select from column A but only to show one
instance say of "Fruit" rather than two. My next drop down list is based on
the selection from column A so that if I select "Fruit" my only options from
column 2 is "apple" or "orange". I can do the second part I just dont want to
have numerous instances of "Fruit" in my first "drop-down". Any ideas without
need for programming

Thanks

--
Kevin

Kevin

Hi KL

This works for the second part of my query but the suggestion here says I
would have to set up another column in my spreadsheet which in my example
would consist of "Fruit" and "Vegtable". I do not want to have to create this
third column.

What I almost want to do is like the advanced filter function where you can
take a long list and filter it down to unique entries

cheers
--
Kevin