Nozzle23

Default Changing Color Pallette ?

Was wondering if anyone can help me with changing the standard colors
from the color pallette. I was told it can be done but the source had
no idea how
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks ,,, Bob

--
Nozzle23
Nozzle23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26966

Dave Peterson

First, colors are stored in each workbook--changing workbookA won't affect
existing workbookB's colors.

Tools|options|color tab
Change the colors as much as you like.

Excel only supports 56 different colors--even though you can choose from lots
more (billions and billions????) by clicking the modify button.

===
But you can create a workbook that will be used as a template for any new
workbook.

Start up a new workbook.
Change the colors to what you want.
(also the page layout and anything else you want.)

File|SaveAs
Save as type: Template (*.xlt)
Call it Book1.xlt

And save it to your XLStart folder.

You can read lots more about how excel works with colors at David McRitchie's
site:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm