Pilot

Default Hyperlinks stopped working in Excel 2003

I upgraded from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003, and my new hyperlinks don't work.

I scan all my documents and index them in an Excel spreadsheet. The
hyperlink pointers to images saved when I was using Excel 2000 work fine, but
any new links to images do nothing.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Pilot

UPDATE:

In addition to the above, I ran a test.

Hyperlinks to a file in the same directory as the .xls file work fine.
Hyperlinks to any directory on another drive work fine
Only hyperlinks to another directory on the current drive are a proble,, and
only those created with Excel 2003. (Hyperlinks created in Excel/Office 2000
also work fine regardless of their location).

Olease help, this is driving me nuts.

Steve
Pilot

New UPDATE:

I tried setting my hyperlink base in files/properties to c:, c:\, and
C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents.

The only difference now is that I at least get an error message ("Cannot
open specified file") instead of nothing.

Pilot

Problem fixed - sort of.

Dave Peterson suggested in another post to try the worksheet function:
=hyperlink().

It works now

Steve