bcholin

Default Formula to highlight an entire row when certain text is present.

Is there any formula or condition I can use that will look within a range and
highlight the entire row when specific text is contained in the row?
CLR

Highlight the cells you wish to be colored, then do Format
ConditionalFormatting.........and follow the menus........
Post back if you need more help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"bcholin" wrote in message
Is there any formula or condition I can use that will look within a range

and
highlight the entire row when specific text is contained in the row?

bcholin

That doesn't fill the need. This only highlights the cell that I choose. I
need a formula that will recognize that a row contains specific text and
based on that text, will highlight the ENTIRE ROW with a color. I will have
4 or 5 different text strings that I need it to recognize.

"bcholin" wrote in message
Is there any formula or condition I can use that will look within a range

and
highlight the entire row when specific text is contained in the row?

David McRitchie

That is certainly possible with Conditional Formatting, see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

Refer to the column in the formula with $ sign to make the column tested
absolute if testing with a specific column.

If you want anywhere on the row then check examples with COUNTIF
in fact if you want to test for the string "total" anywhere in any cell on the
row look for wildcard.

---
HTH,