Matt

Default Excel Timesheet

Hi all

Im trying to set up a new timesheet for use at work but dont know much
about formulas etc, i need to put a start and finish time e.g. start 8.30,
finish 12.30, then i need to calculate in a column at the end telling me how
many
hours ive worked between 8.30 and 12.30 then the same for the afternoon
from 1.30 until 5pm with another column at the ending adding the hours worked
in the morning to the hours worked in the afternoon giving me total hours
worked that day and the same everyday for the week with a box at the bottom
giving me total hours worked for the week, please help.
Thanks

Bob Phillips

Just subtract the lower from the higher, and format that cell as time as
well

=B2-A2

then just add the two totals cells together, and again format as time, say

=E2+F2

then at the bottom, just sum them and format as time

=SUM(G2:G8)

If you want a decimal number, say to multiply by rate to get pay, multiply
by 24

=G10*24

--

HTH

RP

"Matt" wrote in message
Hi all

Im trying to set up a new timesheet for use at work but dont know much
about formulas etc, i need to put a start and finish time e.g. start 8.30,
finish 12.30, then i need to calculate in a column at the end telling me

how
many
hours ive worked between 8.30 and 12.30 then the same for the afternoon
from 1.30 until 5pm with another column at the ending adding the hours

worked
in the morning to the hours worked in the afternoon giving me total hours
worked that day and the same everyday for the week with a box at the

bottom
giving me total hours worked for the week, please help.
Thanks

Anne Troy

Matt, try Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#TOC
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Matt" wrote in message
Hi all

Im trying to set up a new timesheet for use at work but dont know much
about formulas etc, i need to put a start and finish time e.g. start 8.30,
finish 12.30, then i need to calculate in a column at the end telling me
how
many
hours ive worked between 8.30 and 12.30 then the same for the afternoon
from 1.30 until 5pm with another column at the ending adding the hours
worked
in the morning to the hours worked in the afternoon giving me total hours
worked that day and the same everyday for the week with a box at the
bottom
giving me total hours worked for the week, please help.
Thanks

Matt

I can now get the start and finish times to add up the hours i have done each
day but at the bottom when i go to add up the total hours worked in the week
as it is set to time format when you get to 24:00 it goes back to 01:00
instead of carrying on as i need the total hours to read at least 37.5 hours,
how can i solve this?

Many thanks

"Matt" wrote in message
Hi all

Im trying to set up a new timesheet for use at work but dont know much
about formulas etc, i need to put a start and finish time e.g. start 8.30,
finish 12.30, then i need to calculate in a column at the end telling me

how
many
hours ive worked between 8.30 and 12.30 then the same for the afternoon
from 1.30 until 5pm with another column at the ending adding the hours

worked
in the morning to the hours worked in the afternoon giving me total hours
worked that day and the same everyday for the week with a box at the

bottom
giving me total hours worked for the week, please help.
Thanks

Paul Sheppard

"Matt" wrote in message
[...]

Try formatting the cell as [h]:mm

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401464

Matt

I am sorry people are not understanding. I have got my spreadsheet together
so at the end of each day it adds up how many hours ive worked during each
day e.g. see below:

Day Start Finish Start Finish Hours
Mon 7:50 13:00 5:10 14:00 17:00 3:00 8:10
Tue 8:45 13:00 4:15 13:45 17:15 3:30 7:45
Wed 8:40 13:00 4:20 13:45 17:20 3:35 7:55
Thur 8:40 13:00 4:20 13:45 17:20 3:35 7:55
Fri 8:00 13:00 5:00 13:45 18:00 4:15 9:15
Total 17:00

when i go to add up the total hours worked during the ween at the bottom it
still uses 24 hr clock and when it gets to 24:00 it resets to 01:00 or
something instead of carrying on, i also need it so it just counts
1-60seconds in time format not up to 100 in normal number.

Please help someone.

Thanks

"Matt" wrote in message
[...]

Sandy Mann

Paul gave you the answer yesterday:

Matt

Try formatting the cell as [h]:mm

--
Paul Sheppard

--
Regards

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Matt" wrote in message
[...]

View this thread:

Matt

Ok i have got it set up now and i can work out my overtime as flexi time etc
but i did under the standard hours i am supposed to do in a week and it gave
me a load of hash symbols, how do i format the time to give a negative answer
e.g. -01:30.

Thanks

"Matt" wrote in message
[...]

Sandy Mann

XL normally cannot show negative times, (it can calculate them it just can't
display them). To show negative time change to the 1904 date system:

Tools Options Calculation 1904 date system

But note that ALL dates in that workbook will change by four years and one
day.

--
HTH