Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fill Series in Filtered Rows

Hi,

I have activated Autofilter. I want to make subtractions referencing the
visible rows, yet using drag/filll handle it still references hidden
cells.

e.g if, in column C, the visible cells are C2, C4, C5, C7, C8, C9, C10

and in Column D I enter =C4-C2, then drag this down regardless of what
visible cells are displayed the series will follow
C6-C4,
C8-C6,
C10-C8,
C12-C10 etc

instead of
C5-C4,
C7-C5,
C8-C7,
C9-C8,
C10-C9

SUBTOTAL(9, C4,C2) works only for summation NOT SUBTRACTION.
Anyone have any ideas please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:24:19 PM UTC-6, Yunus wrote:
Hi,

I have activated Autofilter. I want to make subtractions referencing the
visible rows, yet using drag/filll handle it still references hidden
cells.

e.g if, in column C, the visible cells are C2, C4, C5, C7, C8, C9, C10

and in Column D I enter =C4-C2, then drag this down regardless of what
visible cells are displayed the series will follow
C6-C4,
C8-C6,
C10-C8,
C12-C10 etc

instead of
C5-C4,
C7-C5,
C8-C7,
C9-C8,
C10-C9

SUBTOTAL(9, C4,C2) works only for summation NOT SUBTRACTION.
Anyone have any ideas please.

This could be done with a looping macro using specialcells(xlcelltypevisible