Rags

Default Automatic Copy of Data

I have spreadsheet A and spreadsheet B. I update A each day and need to
copy that info to B as well. I set up a link from A to B and it worked fine.
My problem is that A gets updated each day in a new set of cells so the link
from the previous day no longer works.
I was thinking it might also work if I can update A and have Excel, at
the same time, automatically copy my update to a 2nd set of cells in A. I can
then link this 2nd set of cells to B and get the info Im looking for. Each
day the 2nd set of cells would get written over with the current data and
update the cell in B. Im trying to eliminate manual copy and paste if I can.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Rags
Stefi

Why don't you fill all cells in sheet B with the links to sheet A ?

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Rags€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have spreadsheet A and spreadsheet B. I update A each day and need to
copy that info to B as well. I set up a link from A to B and it worked fine.
My problem is that A gets updated each day in a new set of cells so the link
from the previous day no longer works.
I was thinking it might also work if I can update A and have Excel, at
the same time, automatically copy my update to a 2nd set of cells in A. I can
then link this 2nd set of cells to B and get the info Im looking for. Each
day the 2nd set of cells would get written over with the current data and
update the cell in B. Im trying to eliminate manual copy and paste if I can.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Rags

Stefi

Is there a column in sheet A containing the date of the new day from which
Excel can identify rows to be copied to sheet B?
Stefi

€˛Rags€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Stefi

Assume the column to be updated in sheet A is column A.

Enter this formula in A1 in sheet B

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(A1);MATCH(TODAY();SheetA!$2: $2;0);4;;"SheetA"))

It will show the column of sheet A the date of which is todays date.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Rags€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Stefi

I forgot to tell that fill it down in as many rows as you have!

Stefi

Stefi

Sorry, this sentence is wrong:
Assume the column to be updated in sheet A is column A.

The right one:
Assume you want to see the replicate of the latest column in sheet A in
column A in Sheet B.