Kikkoman

Default Protect .xls that were created from .xlt

I have created a expense template with protection so that user cannot change
the formatting of the .xlt
When user opens the .xlt, a new.xls is created but all the protection are
lost, they could change formulas and formats!!!

How do i prevent this?
Must i use a macro?

Jim Rech

I don't know what's going wrong for you but I just created a template having
a worksheet with protection on and then I created a new workbook from it.
It was protected. This should work; protection does not disappear, nor do
cells that are locked become unlocked.

--
Jim