PeterM

Default Can I only save one sheet out of the workbook?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I like to ask how to save only one item
of my spreadsheet. I need to send an email to a company, but the email
should just have certain spreadsheets. Better yet, several of my different
files need to be sent as well, but again only certain spreadsheets. Can I
combine the items then? I'm not doing all that well this morning, my native
tongue is not English, and when I'm sick, the English shuts down... I hope
you can make sense of this.

FSt1

hi,
your english is fine. here is a macro i wrote for myself some time back. it
is to save a range. you will have to high light the range you want to save
then run the macro. i have it as a menu item.

Sub mac1SaveRange()

'Macro written by FSt1 4/27/03
'you must select the range to save before running this macro.

Dim cnt As Long
Dim cell As Range

If Selection.Cells.Count = 1 Then
If MsgBox("You have selected one cell. Continue?", vbYesNo, "Warning") =
vbNo Then
Exit Sub
cnt = 0
For Each cell In Selection
If Not IsEmpty(cell) Then
cnt = cnt + 1
End If
Next
If cnt = 0 Then
If MsgBox("There is no data in the selected range. Continue?", vbYesNo,
"Warning") = vbNo Then
Exit Sub
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Add
Range("A1").PasteSpecial xlPasteAll
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

End Sub

regards
FSt1

"PeterM" wrote:

Sorry for the stupid question, but I like to ask how to save only one item
of my spreadsheet. I need to send an email to a company, but the email
should just have certain spreadsheets. Better yet, several of my different
files need to be sent as well, but again only certain spreadsheets. Can I
combine the items then? I'm not doing all that well this morning, my native
tongue is not English, and when I'm sick, the English shuts down... I hope
you can make sense of this.

PeterM

Tank you FSt1.........I will have difficulty with this, because my knowledge
of Macro and other smart things like that are 0 If I were to know how to
enter the numbers maybe I can study very hard and figure it out. I
appreciate you a lot..........Peter I'm using Excel 2003

=

"PeterM" wrote:

Sorry for the stupid question, but I like to ask how to save only one
item
of my spreadsheet. I need to send an email to a company, but the email
should just have certain spreadsheets. Better yet, several of my
different
files need to be sent as well, but again only certain spreadsheets. Can I
combine the items then? I'm not doing all that well this morning, my
native
tongue is not English, and when I'm sick, the English shuts down... I
hope
you can make sense of this.

Earl Kiosterud

Peter,

That's not a stupid question at all. If the recipients need only to view
the sheet, one possibility is File - Send to - Mail recipient. There's an
option to include only the current sheet. The sheet will be put into the
email, as html.

If the recipient needs an actual Excel worksheet, you'll have to create a
workbook, since worksheets live only in workbooks. The recipient will need
Excel, or the Excel viewer to be able to work with the workbook. The
following will create an additional workbook, containing a copy of only the
current sheet. Right-click the sheet tab, Move or Copy, check "Create a
copy" and in the "to book" box, select "new book." You'll now be in a new
workbook containing only that sheet, which you can now save with an
appropriate name, and attach to an email later, or you can use File - Send
to - As attachment. In the latter case, the file name will be something
like "Book1.xls" unless you've first saved it with a better name. Your
original workbook will still be open -- you can get to it via Window, or
Ctrl-Tab.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"PeterM" wrote in message
Sorry for the stupid question, but I like to ask how to save only one item
of my spreadsheet. I need to send an email to a company, but the email
should just have certain spreadsheets. Better yet, several of my different
files need to be sent as well, but again only certain spreadsheets. Can I
combine the items then? I'm not doing all that well this morning, my
native tongue is not English, and when I'm sick, the English shuts down...
I hope you can make sense of this.

PeterM

Thanks you Earl for this wonderful generous description/solution of this
problem I had. I use the term "had", it worked swell. Many many thanks I
appreciate you a lot. I do also appreciate the help from FSt1, but are
unfortunately not there yet with my wisdom with Macros. I will have to learn
I'm sure. This group is so nice, even the little guys get help, although I'm
old, but I follow this group, and I'm always surprised as to the talent,
like you readers, who always help..........My best to you all.........Opa
Peter