dmsalvay1978

Default Help with populating cells using formulas or macros

Hi,

I have a problem that I've spent hours working on but even Microsoft
customer support has not been any help.

I'm trying to work with a large data file where the data is grouped
into two types. Let's call them A & B. For each day of data, I have two
data points, A & B. These are entered next to each other in the same
row. It looks something like this:

A1 B1 A2 B2 A3 B3 ...

That is, for Day 1, I have data point A and data point B.

I want to be able to easily group all the "A" data and all the "B" data
separately.

That is, in a separate part of the worksheet, I want to be able to
enter a reference for one of the cells, then highlight that cell and
drag it across a row so that the value of EVERY OTHER cell in the
original data set populates the new row. That is, in my newly populated
row, I want to see:

A1 A2 A3 ....

I need the data in this format to graph it.

Can you anyone help?

Thanks,

David

--
dmsalvay1978
dmsalvay1978's Profile:

Paul Sheppard

dmsalvay1978 Wrote:
[...]

Hi David

Select all the data, then Data Sort click on the Options button
(bottom left), in the Orientation section at the bottom, click left to
right, click OK and then choose sort by and click ok

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400566

RagDyer

See the answer to your post in the excel group.

Please don't "cross-post".

All groups are read by just about all the same people, so this wastes their
time, if a post has already been answered or they repeat a similar
suggestion that might have already been accepted or rejected.

RD

news:dmsalvay1978.1ulfic_1125432305.8336@excelforu m-nospam.com...