Leon Brown

Default What does the '[Group]' label in the Excel title bar mean?

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet which has [Group] in the title bar. I can't create
charts, can't run other tools. I can't figure out how it got there, nor how
to get rid of it. I have resaved, but still can't figure it out.

Any hints appreciated.

--LEon
Chip Pearson

The [Group] indicator means that you have more than one sheet is
selected; the sheets are "grouped". When this is the case, a
change made to one sheet is made to all the grouped sheets.

Right-click on the sheet tab and choose "Ungroup Sheets" to
ungroup the sheets.

"Leon Brown" <Leon wrote in
message
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet which has [Group] in the title bar. I
can't create
charts, can't run other tools. I can't figure out how it got
there, nor how
to get rid of it. I have resaved, but still can't figure it
out.

Any hints appreciated.

--LEon

cottage6

Hi Leon,
When sheets are grouped whatever text/values are typed into one sheet also
show in all the other sheets in the group. This also includes all the
formatting applied such as column widths, fonts, etc., so it's pretty handy.
[Group] shows in the title bar whenever any or all sheets are in group mode.
To undo group, right-click on any sheet label, and choose "Ungroup sheets".
It's pretty easy to put sheets in group mode by mistake just by clicking once
on the first sheet name, holding your shift key, then clicking the last sheet
name.

HTH