Excel User

Default Why can't I merge any cells in the workbook?

I tried pressing enter like the help assistant says but that didn't work.
None of the cells will merge. I wonder if it's because it's a shared
workbook but I don't know how it got shared in the first place.
Dave Peterson

Lots of features don't work with shared workbooks.

Look in excel's help for: Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks
for a big list.

If it's your workbook and it shouldn't be shared, you can use:

Tools|share workbook
to turn it off.

(If the workbook was developed for multiple users to share, don't do this.)

--

Dave Peterson