janfolmer

Default Define range for graphs/charts with validation list

Hi I would like to change the range for a graph with a dropdown list.
See attached picture to get the feeling. I don't want to have 12 charts
for each month, but one graph and a validation dropdown list with which
I can dictate the graphs' data ranges.
If I select January in the dropdown list, I must take the january range
for the graph, etc.
I do not know if this is possible, but if it is possible that would be
an awesome solution.

|Filename: example.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3757 |

janfolmer
janfolmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26297
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400017

Debra Dalgleish

Jon Peltier has instructions for interactive charts that you could adapt
to your worksheet:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...ByControl.html

janfolmer wrote:
Hi I would like to change the range for a graph with a dropdown list.
See attached picture to get the feeling. I don't want to have 12 charts
for each month, but one graph and a validation dropdown list with which
I can dictate the graphs' data ranges.
If I select January in the dropdown list, I must take the january range
for the graph, etc.
I do not know if this is possible, but if it is possible that would be
an awesome solution.

|Filename: example.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3757 |

Debra Dalgleish