Scott

Default Formatting Cells

I would like to search a column for cells containg certain text and then
formatting those cells a different color. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks for your help!!

Paul Sheppard

Scott Wrote:
I would like to search a column for cells containg certain text and
then
formatting those cells a different color. How do I go about doing
this?

Thanks for your help!!

Hi Scott

Use Conditional Formatting

Select the range of cells containing your data, then Format
Conditional Formatting, in the boxes for Condition 1, leave the first
as Cell Value is, chnage the second box to equal to, in the third box
enter the text you want to find, then click the format button and
choose the formats you want and click OK

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399505

CLR

The feature you're looking for is called "Conditional Formatting"......do
Format Conditional Formatting and follow the menus......check "Help" and/or
post back if you have problems or specific questions about it.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Scott" wrote:

I would like to search a column for cells containg certain text and then
formatting those cells a different color. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks for your help!!

Scott

Thanks that worked. Is there a way to look for partial text within a range
of cells and have the format changed if it contains that text or does it
always have to be an exact match?

Thanks again!