Elbowhite

Default Inserting special row

Hi there,

in a worksheet I have 7 columns that contain numbers. The last three columns
contain function (they are not set by user, user enters numbers in the first
4 columns, then through the functions numbers are set in the last 3
columns). Now, when he user finishes inputing data, he turns autofiltering
on in the first column and sets NOT EMPTY so that all formulas in rows of
the last 3 columns are deleted and there for cells are empty.
Now, when he does that I want to automaticly, somehow, insert a row,
directly below the last row that conatins user entered data, and in that new
row the cells in the 2., 3. and the 4. column must contain another function.
So, how to enter a row (from another file or what?!) in that cells already
contain functions. I'm doing this so the user doesn't need to sum up the
rows above, I want the program when I insert that row to sum up 4 columns
and in the next 3 there should be a formula (function) so the last three
columns (the sum of them) is divided by the sum of the first.

How to do it?
THx

--
How does it sound when Darth Vader snores?!

Bernie Deitrick

Your problem statement is hard to follow: You need to past example tables, showing what you have,
and what you want.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Elbowhite" wrote in message ...
[...]

Elbowhite

Bernie Deitrick <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote:
Your problem statement is hard to follow: You need to
past example tables, showing what you have, and what you
want.

Ok, it's something like this. I'll use less columns:

Value Price1 Price 2 Brutto1 Brutto2
12 54 68 648 816
16 37 46 592 736
28 '44,28' '55,42' 1240 1552

Now, The user enters numbers only in columns Value, Price1 and Price2.
Brutto1 is the product of Value and Price1, Brutto2 is the product of Value
and Price2.
Under the line, we have 3 sums (Value, Brutto1 and Brutto2).

In Excel user can enter up to 2000 rows of Value and Price1 and 2. So, Excel
can't know where is the end because the user can one time enter 20 rows, the
next 400, the third 246 and so on.
So, I want somehow to insert a row (That would be that one under the line
where the sums are) that contains functions in column 2 (Price1) and column
3 (Price2) and when the user calcualtes the sum of Values, Brutto1 and
Brutto2 Excel must automaticly divide Brutto1 with Value and write it in the
cell in column Price1. That's that number '44,28'. Same for the Brutto2 and
Price2.
Can Excel make a row that contains in some cells function?
I'm doing this so the user doesn't have to torture himself with calculating
(he only calculates the 3 sums), he just has to enter numbers and Excel does
everything for him.

Hope you now understand the problem.

--
How does it sound when Darth Vader snores?!